1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New gloves

87kawzl Nov 26, 2019

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/sedici-matteo-waterproof-gloves

I needed a middleweight glove for the 40° rides. I really like the quality of the leather (no break in needed), they have a medium lining thickness, the grip is great and they don't bunch up. Kind of like a mid gauntlet length, just enough length to keep rain from traveling up your sleeves. Quality glove for not too bad of a price, the cheap gloves start at $25 and these came in at $50. Hopefully they will hold up with some usage.

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I had a pair of leather down filled snow snowmoblle gloves that I paid $80 for back in the late 70s and they was made in the USA. Best gloves that I've ever owned.

3. Ed

Ed Well-Known Member

Are they insulated? The description sounds like they're not intended for cold weather. I have some old insulated deerskin gloves that would be hard to replace with similar quality these days.

4. 87kawzl

Yes, they are what I would consider a middleweight insulation. Good for the 40's but not what you would need for snow machines.

5. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

BTW......snow machine:

IMG_20190130_150506.jpg
    :laughing7:

wuputt likes this.
  6. 87kawzl

Now that's a sled! You have quite the knack to sniff out the customs!
    Cheers!

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That ZL looks like something out of WWII. :laughing7:. I should still have them down filled gloves because I remember seeing them in my cold weather gear bag. I also have a pair of BUILT cold weather gloves. They have to much insulation in them. They make it hard to grip the grips on my ZL.

8. 87kawzl

The bilt were not even in the same ballpark as far as quality. I have a Cycle Gear near me, it's nice but it is no Iron Pony like Rammy has over in Columbus Ohio. Being able to pick things up to look at them and try things on is still important to me.

R. J. likes this.
  9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Cycle Gears BUILT line is CHINA bottom of the barrle junk. I bought a set of Built soft sided saddle bags and within a year they fell apart. Cycle Gear how ever did swap them out for me. The replacements are now 5 years old and are holding up well. We have a J Ps Cycle near me which is a very large store. I have shopped theit a few times.