1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Water pump rebuilding service.

R. J. Jan 20, 2015

1. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Thanks for your help RJ! I’m slowly but surely getting these ZLs back going. It took me a while to get dedicated to it but it’s on now!

Thanks for providing the support for our big ZLs

Brad

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: No problem glad to help. :notworthy:. Run your bike before doing anything. If the water pump just leaks oil. Then just replace the oil seal. Also check the propeller for play. Put the pump in a vice. Rotate the propeller with your fingers to check for tight spots. Then with both hands one on each side of the shaft & try to wiggle it side to side then up & down to check for play. This checks for bad bearing. Most of the time the bearing closest to the propeller wears out. I have all the OEM water pump part #s listed in this thread for a complete overhaul. I have 12 of each OEM part in stock. I also have the size of the oil seal listed.

3. JohnH#II

JohnH#II Active Member

Hey RJ. PM me a ship to address to send my water pump. I have a PayPal for you already in my list.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: PM Sent.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: John I got your water pump done. I'll send it out in the mail tomorrow. The bearings, oil seal and mechanical ceramic seal was really bad. IMG_8216.JPG IMG_8219.JPG IMG_8220.JPG IMG_8221.JPG IMG_8222.JPG IMG_8223.JPG IMG_8224.JPG IMG_8225.JPG IMG_8226.JPG IMG_8227.JPG IMG_8228.JPG IMG_8229.JPG IMG_8230.JPG IMG_8234.JPG IMG_8231.JPG IMG_8235.JPG IMG_8217.JPG IMG_8232.JPG

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    JohnH#II and 87kawzl like this.
  6. JohnH#II

JohnH#II Active Member

Thank you RJ. That looks great. You are definitely the picture master here.

R. J. likes this.
  7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: You are welcome. :notworthy:. I'm glad to help. I mailed your pump this morning. I take pics to show members that I actually rebuilt there pump.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    markus56 likes this.
  8. JohnH#II

JohnH#II Active Member

I had sent my old and busted water pump to RJ. He did super work. Pictures are the water pump before, still on the bike. After the rebuild and all the parts RJ sends with the NEW pump. Getting it all back together now. Will update after riding awhile, doing a few burnouts and a smoky, front wheel raising, holeshot.

Attached Files:

R. J. likes this.
  9. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Nice to have this service available!

R. J. likes this.